Friday, November 04, 2016

Finally! Yaya Toure apologised


Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has apologised to the club for "misunderstandings from the past".

City manager Pep Guardiola has said he will not pick Toure
until his agent Dimitri Seluk apologises for criticising the
decision to leave him out of the Champions League squad.

"I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who
represent me," said the Ivory Coast player.

The 33-year-old added that he wants "to help City succeed
further".

Seluk said Toure, whose £200,000-a-week contract expires
next summer, had been "humiliated" when he was not
included in City's Champions League squad.

Guardiola, who was Barcelona boss when Toure was sold to
City in 2010, responded at the time by saying: "Seluk must
apologise. If he doesn't, he won't play.

"I cannot accept as a coach, when his player doesn't play,
going to the media to speak and speak and speak."

Asked by BBC Sport about Guardiola's stance, Seluk then
said: "What do I need to apologise for?"

"Those statements do not represent my views on the club or
the people who work there," added Toure on Friday, who has
not played for City since 24 August.

"I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish
the best for the football club.

"I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club's
history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play
football and entertain the fans.

"On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their
messages through this difficult period. This means a great
deal to me and my family."

Toure, a four-time African Footballer of the Year, has scored
75 goals in 267 appearances for City since arriving from Barca
for £24m.

He was won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup and two
League Cups during his time in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment