Saturday, February 17, 2018

I cry often and I cry alone' - Buffon benefits from his emotional side


Legendary Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has revealed he cries often as it "makes him feel human".

The 40-year-old made the confession during filming of 'First Team: Juventus', a three-part documentary from Netflix that follows the fortunes of the famous Italian club on and off the field.

Buffon has won the Serie A title eight times in his illustrious career, while he was also a key member of the Italy team that lifted the World Cup in 2006.

But, despite suffering a few disappointments on the field - including losing three Champions League finals - the veteran insists poor results do not reduce him to tears.

"I cry often and I cry alone. Crying helps - it frees you and makes you feel human," he said during the mini-series.

"I never cry for football. I can be touched but it's not about the defeat itself. It's something more complex and romantic."

Photo credit : Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment