Tuesday, October 03, 2017

See Cristiano Ronaldo's exclusive collection of boots worn during his career as he explains why he left England

For a lot of footballers, boots used as long as eight years ago would be in the trash can by now, but not for current FIFA player of the year, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Speaking in a new interview at his Madrid mansion to Rio Ferdinand, his team-mate of six years at Manchester United, four time ballon d'orwinner, Ronaldo, showed off his collection of boots that have helped him climb up to the top of the game and also explained his reasons for leaving Manchester United in England and joining La Liga giants, Real Madrid.


Asked about the day he was unveiled at the Bernabeu, Ronaldo said: 'When I land here in Madrid I start to feel the atmosphere. I thought it was a game in that day because (there were so) many people. 'All these people are coming here just to see me. It was a great surprise for me.

It was an unbelievable day. 'I was so proud and you know I feel inside that the people here in Spain live for football. They love it. It was a great day for me. 'I just thought in my mind "I want to go there to show my level, to show that I'm a different player" and this is what I did. 'I arrive, I did a fantastic season.

 I improve every season. It was a great experience but I never forget the Red Devils.'Asked where he'd like to be in 10 years, Ronaldo joked: 'In 10 years it will be tough (to win the Ballon d'Or). Maybe to do boxing like you?'

No comments:

Post a Comment