Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Chelsea bid £58m for Napoli defender Koulibaly


Napoli rejected a Chelsea offer of £58m for Kalidou
Koulibaly at the end of the summer transfer window,
according to their chairman.

"They offered to me £30, 35, 40, 45, 50 [million]," De
Laurentiis told Sky Sports News HQ.

"Mr. Conte I said, '[The] marina is behind me, follow me', I
offered him that. Last moment, two days before the closing
of the market, I hear £58 [million] - something like that."

Koulibaly eventually signed a new contract with Napoli that
ties him to the Serie A club until 2021 but, according to De
Laurentiis, that does not guarantee he will not be sold.



"Koulibaly I need here to make the match," De Laurentiis
said. "I need to play, so I need the players. Koulibaly, this
year, will remain here. Next year we will speak about."

Asked to confirm if Chelsea made a £58m offer, De
Laurentiis said: "Yes. He will never say it is true because I
know Antonio. Ciao Antonio."

No comments:

Post a Comment