Friday, October 07, 2016

Arsene Wenger: African players have had a massive influence on my career.


Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says African players have had
a massive influence on his career.

Wenger has marked 20 years at Arsenal this week.

“African players had a massive impact on my career because
I always managed them right from the moment I started in
the top league in France," said Wenger.

“I had African players at Monaco and I like the fact that they
were creative and they are usually attacking players with
imagination. They have pace and power as well, and they
usually combine strength and agility well. That's very
difficult to find.

“Africans are hugely passionate people and there is a big
passion in Africa for the game. They are happy on the
football pitch and that's something which has been fantastic
for us.

“Kanu had a massive impact here, Kolo Toure too, I had
George Weah too… so all these players had a massive
impact."

No comments:

Post a Comment