Friday, June 04, 2021

Photos:Chelsea goalkeeper Édouard Mendy gets an ovation from Senegalese Team For Winning The UCL

Chelsea Goalkeeper Edouard Mendy was greeted with a round of applause 
when he arrived at the Senegal National team camp, after winning the Champions League.
Mendy who helped the Blues lift the UEFA champions league trophy after a 1-0 victory against Man City last weekend called Sadio Mane "best player" and gave him a special hug.
Edouard Mendy became the first African player to play in the UEFA champions league final, Mendy saved 31 out of 34 shots faced in the UCL this season. That's a save percentage of 91.2%, the highest of any goalkeeper in a single Champions League season.


Mendy who was unemployed as at 2014, praises his Mum immediately after winning the UCL for her advise:
“It was my mother who advised me to sign up for unemployment benefits (in 2014). Sometimes I think about that and I wish it on nobody. I told myself a dozen times that for me, football was finished.”
Edouard Mendy's 2020-21 Champions League Campaign:
Games: 12
Clean Sheets: 9
Shots on Target Faced: 34
Saves Made: 31
Save Percentage: 91.2%
Post-shot xG: 5.7
Goals Actually Conceded: 3
Most Clean Sheets
Least Goals Conceeded


Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment