Saturday, November 04, 2017

Chelsea supporters still like me - Mourinho


Manchester united manager Jose Mourinho has claimed that he is still greeted warmly by Chelsea fans

Jose Mourinho was once a hero of the Chelsea supporters having ended their 50-year wait for a title at the end of his first season in charge of the club, before going on to add two more Premier League crowns in 2005-06 and 2014-15.

However, since taking over at United the Portuguese boss has endured a stormy relationship with the Stamford Bridge faithful.

“I walk down the street and outside the football heat, outside the football environment, I see so many Chelsea fans, especially in the area where I live. I see so many Chelsea supporters and I didn’t have one single one that wasn’t nice,” he told reporters.

“What happened in the football stadium was a different thing. When I walk in the street in London, I am just a normal guy. When I go to Stamford Bridge and sit in that dugout, on the right side of the tunnel, I am the manager of their opponents, so I accept every possible reaction with the utmost respect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment