Thursday, May 10, 2018

Wrestling : Daniel Bryan Reveals Retirement Frustration


Daniel Bryan hated being the Smackdown General Manager during his in-ring retirement.

Bryan was forced to retire in 2016 at the top of his game after numerous concussions took a huge toll on his health.

The YES Man then became the General Manager of Smackdown and was so unhappy he couldn’t wait for the show to end so he could go home.

The four-time world champion decided that he couldn’t put up with it anymore and was determined to get cleared for in-ring action.

The ex-WWE Champion succeeded against all odds and was allowed to return to the ring at WrestleMania 34.

Bryan told Chris Jericho on Talk is Jericho: “I’d accepted the decision [that I couldn’t wrestle any more], until they brought me back as GM.

And then I just have to be around it every week. “And then because I’m still doing a decent amount of travelling with that, and then I’m having to sit like at ringside for matches, and it’s just like... It hurt, and it was also just like ‘what am I doing?’ “This is the part of me that’s very like, ‘What a sissy I am!’ “Lots of people go to their jobs that they don’t like and make way less money than me being the GM of SmackDown.

“But I could not get out of this mental space of being like, ‘Gosh, do I hate coming here’. “I literally disliked going to work every week, and any time - like there would be times where I’d fly in, and I’d get the script for the show, and if I just had like a backstage I’d try to like - and you know how hard it is to try and get stuff filmed before the show - I would push as many people as I could to be like ‘Hey, let’s get this’ and just leave that night. “Just so I could get out of there.

And that’s when I started to be like, ‘Okay, I’m not gonna accept this any more. I’m gonna come back.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment