Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Wenger: " I'd Be Betraying Arsenal If I Stayed in England"


Arsene Wenger has reiterated he will not take another job in the Premier League as it would feel like a betrayal of Arsenal.

The veteran Frenchman is ending a 22-year stay at Arsenal but he has yet to confirm his next move, while former player Mikel Arteta is the front-runner to succeed him at Emirates Stadium.

"It will be very difficult for me [without Arsenal]," Wenger told the official Arsenal website.

"At the moment if I want to continue to work, I think I have to move out of the country, because my gut feeling at the moment is that I would feel I would betray my club by staying in England.

People might feel that I've betrayed what I've built here. That is the problem I face at the moment.

 My club is here, my heart is here and will be forever. As I said in my speech on the pitch after the Burnley game, I'm a fan above all."

No comments:

Post a Comment