Thursday, April 05, 2018

Mkhitaryan Trolls Mourinho With Offensive Football Jibe


Henrikh Mkhitaryan has trolled Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho again, reiterating that his move to Arsenal was driven by a desire to play “offensive” football.

The Armenian midfielder brought a frustrating spell at Old Trafford to a close during the January transfer window when he completed a switch to Emirates Stadium.

Having slipped in and out of the United side under Mourinho, Mkhitaryan linked up with a Premier League rival as part of a deal which saw Alexis Sanchez go in the opposite direction.

Mkhitaryan told FourFourTwo on his winter trade: “When I heard I could swap Man United for Arsenal, I said, ‘Yes, I want to do that’, I didn’t think twice. It’s important for me to play in an offensive team.

“I couldn’t have imagined a better start. I'd missed playing offensively.”

Arsenal asked about Mkhitaryan once it became clear that contract rebel Alexis would be heading for the exits, but another creative influence insists he has not be acquired to fill the Chilean’s boots.

He added: “I joined Arsenal because Wenger wanted me, not because he wanted to replace Sanchez."

No comments:

Post a Comment