Saturday, November 18, 2017

Zlatan Ibrahimovic told BT Sport that 'lions don't recover like humans' following his comeback


Swedish legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic again referred to himself as a 'lion' but admitted his Manchester United return felt 'special' after featuring in Saturday's win 4-1over Newcastle.

There was a collective roar around Old Trafford when the self -proclaimed king of the pride lion replaced Anthony Martial in the 77th minute, making his first appearance since suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury in April.

With United already three goals in front by the time Ibrahimovic entered the action, his impact on the contest was minimal. But he insisted post-match that his level of 'quality' remains as high as ever.

'It feels special. A different day, same quality,' he said with a smile. 'It is my head that is playing, my knee just needs to follow. I am not worried at all (by what happens next).

Lions don't recover like humans. 'It wasn't easy, especially my case. I was on top, I got injured, from one day to another.

 It was not like I went on vacation. I had a different summer compared to the other ones. 'Ibrahimovic's contract at Old Trafford ran out after his injury but was then given a new one-year deal once the club saw how hard he was fighting to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment