Saturday, November 18, 2017

No regrets choosing England over Nigeria- Tammy Abraham



After choosing to represent England over Nigeria on an international level, Tammy Abraham has rubbished rumours that he considered playing for Nigeria.

The forward says he does not regret choosing the Europeans instead of the West African nation despite repeated overtures from the Nigerian Football Federation to lure him.

Abraham’s father is Nigerian which would have qualified him to play for the Super Eagles.

A childhood friend of NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, claimed in September that Abraham had decided to play for the Super Eagles.

However, the U21 England international denied the claim and has been called up for England’s forthcoming friendlies against Germany and Brazil.

“I see myself as being a long-term England player,” Abraham said.

“That is where my main focus is and I am 100 percent focused here to try and get into that team.

“I was pretty set on England really and playing in the Premier League meant it would be nice to play in the England team as well.”

Altgough he is on loan at Swansea City from Chelsea, he has scored five goals in his first 14 appearances for the Welsh club.

“It was flattering (when asked about Nigeria’s interest), but for me my main focus was here (England). It was nice to know that I was doing something right and going in the right direction.”

No comments:

Post a Comment